Attaching an external USB hard drive to a Samsung Galaxy Tab 4
December 13, 2016 Jon 22 Comments
How to attach a USB external hard disk drive (HDD) to a Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 using the LAVA SimulCharge USB TL-002 adapter. The SimulCharge adapter uses USB On-The-Go (OTG) interfacing and lets you charge the tablet and power the hard drive at the same time. This functionality is also available on LAVA’s STS-* product line providing multiple USB ports, LAN, PoE.
NOTE: FAT32 file system should be used, as Android does not support NTFS.
This blog post gives more details on connecting USB hard drives to tablets: http://lavalink.com/2014/08/external-hdd-with-samsung-galaxy-tab-4-using-simulcharge-usb-video/.
The issue with external hard drives (and other peripherals that draw more power than the USB host port can supply) is discussed in this LAVA white paper: USB Power Budgeting. http://lavalink.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/USB_2_Power_budgeting.pdf
How to Open a External Hard Disc Samsung? (500 GB)
- Connect a Samsung Note 7 to a Solid State Hard Drive SSD
- “Samsung M3 Portable” External USB 3.0 Slimline Hard Drive 2TB – UNBOXING and COMPARISON
- Old Laptop SSD Upgrade: how to install Samsung 850 EVO SSD; unboxing, migration & review; SSD vs HDD
- Samsung SDR-B74301N Hard drive replacement
- SAMSUNG WIRELESS MEDIA STORAGE Portable Hard Drive