General Patent Corporation Secures 15th Licensee for Leighton Technologies’ Contactless Cards Patent Portfolio from CARDPro China
July 15, 2014 Jon 0 Comments
Suffern, N.Y. (PRWEB) June 30, 2014
General Patent Corporation (GPC), a leading patent licensing firm, announced today on behalf of its subsidiary, Leighton Technologies LLC (Leighton), that it has licensed the Leighton patent portfolio to CARDPro China (Shenzhen) Co., Ltd. of the Peoples Republic of China (CARDPro).
CardPro has licensed Leightons patent portfolio at a 5% royalty rate. The patents cover hot lamination processes for the manufacture of contact and contactless smart cards and RFID cards.
We are pleased to welcome CARDPro to the Leighton family of licensees, said Kathlene Ingham, Director of Licensing of General Patent Corporation. Licenses under the Leighton patents are available at our standard non-discriminatory royalty rate of 5%.
CardPro is the fifteenth licensee under the Leighton patents.
About General Patent Corporation
General Patent Corporation, headquartered in Suffern, N.Y., is a leading intellectual property boutique focusing on patent licensing and enforcement. GPC represents inventors, businesses, universities and other patent owners in patent assertion matters by managing and financing patent litigation on a contingency basis. Founded in 1987, GPC is the oldest patent enforcement firm in the U.S. and is the managing member of Leighton Technologies LLC. For more information, visit http://www.generalpatent.com.
About Leighton Technologies LLC
Leighton Technologies LLC is the owner of six Contactless Cards and related U.S. Patents:
1. 5,817,207: Radio frequency identification card and hot lamination process for the manufacture of radio frequency identification cards
2. 6,036,099: Hot lamination process for the manufacture of a combination contact/contactless smart card and product resulting therefrom
3. 6,214,155: Radio frequency identification card and hot lamination process for the manufacture of radio frequency identification cards
4. RE 40,145 Ultra-thin flexible durable radio frequency identification devices and hot or cold lamination process for the manufacture of ultra-thin flexible durable radio frequency identification devices
5. 6,557,766: Hot lamination method for a hybrid radio frequency optical memory card converting sheets into a web process
6. 6,514,367: Hot lamination process for the manufacture of a combination contact/contactless smart card
Leighton Technologies is managed by General Patent Corporation. A non-exclusive license under these patents is available on standard and non-discriminatory terms. For licensing terms, please contact Kathlene Ingham at (845) 368-4000 x107. The litigation filed by Leighton Technologies LLC, and the settlements and licensees it has secured for its patent portfolio, are detailed at http://www.leighton-tech.com.
Related Memory Cards Press Releases
- Global Smart Cards Market is Expected to Reach USD 11.9 Billion in 2020 : Transparency Market Research : Memory Cards
- Signature Cards Is Proud to Announce Annual Business Spring Greeting Card Sale : Memory Cards
- Best Memory Cards for DSLR Photography and Video
- Features And Specifications Of Sd Memory Card
- XD Memory Cards Explained : Memory Cards