Installing a 2nd Hard Drive – DIY Video Guide
November 7, 2017 Jon 12 Comments
My final project at school needed to be an instructional video or DIY video. As boring as this topic is, adding a hard drive to a PC was something I knew I could do and explain in a straightforward way. Shot in one day during my class time (about 3 hours). I didn’t have any decent screen recording software for the final part so I had to do screen shots. Again, not the most exciting video, but I think the tutorial was easy enough to follow.
Note: for anyone using this as a real step by step guide, be aware that I did not go into a lot of details about different options and systems. This was meant as a basic guide and to fit the needs of my project. Even so, this should still work for just about anyone installing a 2nd SATA hard drive.
UPDATE: For anyone wanting to use an IDE drive in a PC with only Sata ports, here is a link to the simplest kind of plug-in adapter to use. http://goo.gl/QumkS
Video Rating: / 5
- USB Hard Drive Adapter | IDE or SATA : Video
- Installing pfSense to compact flash / hard disk / flash drive : Video
- 2.5″ 3.5″ IDE SATA HDD Docking Station Hard Disk Drive 2-Dock e-SATA USB Hub : Video
- Power a SATA 2,5” hard disk drive with USB : Video
- hitachi 160gb 7200rpm fast speed hard disk drive : Video