Opening a WD My Book External HDD Case Guide
January 1, 2018 Jon 32 Comments
Need help getting into the case of a My Book 3,5″ External Harddrive case? Check this out?
A quick and simple guide on how to open the case without smashing it to bits!
NOTE: I do not take responsibility if you manage to break your device or void the warranty. Do this at your own risk.
Video Rating: / 5
My site: http://anyruginthehouse.com
In this video I show you how I removed the 2TB Western Digital WD20EARX drive from it’s external USB 2/3 enclosure to be left with a bare 2TB SATA drive – ready for use in my Unraid server.
My 16TB Unraid server is filling up and I need more space (who doesn’t?) Unfortunately, due to the Thailand flooding, the price of hard drives has sky rocketed over the last month or so. 2TB Western Digital green drives that were going for around are now priced at around triple that cost.
Most of the info I have read seems to indicate that it will be quite a number of months before prices ease up.
With some careful shopping at the retail level you can still find external drives for much lower prices. I found 6x 2TB drives (various brands) at several stores – all for around 0 each. I plan on removing the drives from their enclosures to use as internal SATA drives.
- Western Digital 4TB My Book External USB Hard Drive
- Internal And External Hard Drives, Ideal Choice To Store Your Digital Data
- External Hard Drives Best Buying Deals For You
- Western Digital 1TB Caviar Green Review – The Best Selling 1TB Internal Hard Drive : Western Digital Hard Drive
- Best Budget 3TB Internal Hard Drive – Western Digital 3TB Caviar Green Review : Western Digital Hard Drive