[SOLVED] – The File Or Directory Is Corrupted Or Unreadable – Hard Drive Wont Open
December 20, 2017 Jon 13 Comments
Ever try to open a USB hard drive or external drive and get the error message: “Location is not available” e:\ is not accessible The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable.
You can try to run the Chkdsk command in command prompt (CMD) to fix the disk. Now you should be able to recover your data and open the folder to access the files.
THE COMMAND: “CHKDSK /F /”YOUR DRIVE LETTER” (mine was E:)
You do not need to type anything else or launch any more commands.
Hope this helps!
Video Rating: / 5
- Mac Fusion Drive vs SSD vs HDD 5400 vs HDD 7200 : Video
- How to check the Hard Disk Drive for errors in Windows® 8.1 : Video
- Iterable Adds Push Notification Service for iOS and Android Apps to Marketing Platform : Hard Drive
- Mac Hard Drive Recovery : Hard Drive
- USB Hard Drive Adapter | IDE or SATA : Video