WD VelociRaptor Hard Drives From WD – Now Up To 1TB
November 29, 2017 Jon 1 Comment
WD VelociRaptor drives offer an unmatched combination of high performance and high reliability, perfect for workstations, high-end video and photo editing, low-end servers and performance enthusiast’s systems. Comes with a 3.5-inch mounting frame for easy installation into today’s high-performance systems and chassis.
– Ultra fast – Designed around a 10,000 RPM spin speed, these SATA 6 Gb/s drives include a 64 MB cache and deliver the ultimate performance for photo and video editing.
– Rock-solid reliability – With 1.4 million hours MTBF, these drives have the highest available reliability rating on a high capacity SATA drive.
– High capacity – State-of-the-art technology delivers a balance of high performance and high capacity perfect for data-intensive workloads that require large amounts of storage such as video editing, 3D rendering and scientific modeling.
– Ultra-cool operation – Consumes less idle power and uses similar active power as the previous generation WD VelociRaptor, while offering higher capacity and performance.
– Advanced Format (AF) – Technology adopted by WD and other drive manufacturers as one of multiple ways to continue growing hard drive capacities. AF is a more efficient media format that enables increased areal densities.
– IcePack™ mounting frame – The 2.5-inch hard drive is enclosed in a backplane-ready 3.5-inch mounting frame with a built-in heat sink that keeps this powerful little drive extra cool when installed in high-performance desktop chassis.
– NoTouch&trade ramp load technology – The recording head never touches the disk media ensuring significantly less wear to the recording head and media as well as better drive protection in transit.
– Pre-emptive Wear Leveling (PWL) – Ensures reliability for applications that perform a high incidence of read/write operations at the same physical location on the disk.
– Rotary Acceleration Feed Forward (RAFF™) – Optimizes operation and performance when the drives are used in vibration-prone, multi-drive chassis.
– Environmentally Conscious – In addition to being RoHS compliant, this generation of WD VelociRaptor also provides a halogen-free design.
– 10,000 RPM SATA hard drive
– WD SATA interface cable
– Quick Install Guide
– Mounting screws
– 250GB Capacity
– 10,000 RPM
– SATA 6Gb/s
– Windows 7/Vista/XP/2000, Windows servers, Linux, and Mac OS.
– 5-year limited warranty
Video Rating: / 5