Your life on one drive? Samsung debuts 30TB solid state hard drive
March 17, 2018 Jon 3 Comments
Remember when you heard those stories about “3D computer memory” and all those other seemingly science-fiction data storage advances? Yeah, not so science fiction-y after all: Samsung just announced their latest solid state hard drive and it’s ringing in at just a tick over 30 terabytes. In one drive. With no moving parts. The high-capacity drive is destined for internet server farms for the moment and has the romantic model number of PM1643.
The drive will also be available in the typical by-half sizes as well, like 15 terabytes, 7 terabytes and so on. Samsung says the memory device uses V-NAND technology with 64-layer, 3-bit 512-gigabit chips, like the ones in this 1 terabyte internal memory stick. No prices yet but probably not cheap, and we’re sure it won’t be long until it’ll be an SD card you just slip into your Galaxy S15.
SUBSCRIBE FOR THE LATEST VIDEOS
VISIT DIGITAL TRENDS
DT Daily: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL8110CBCACD741FEC
DT Originals: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLEA870D36335F60D2
DT Podcasts: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLZEIwIHCxaFVemFMYm9Uqixqt7RxRJnhf
Tweets by DigitalTrends
Video Rating: / 5
- Connect a Samsung Note 7 to a Solid State Hard Drive SSD
- Attaching an external USB hard drive to a Samsung Galaxy Tab 4
- Samsung N150 install SSD / upgrade HDD to SSD, замена или установка жесткого диска
- “Samsung M3 Portable” External USB 3.0 Slimline Hard Drive 2TB – UNBOXING and COMPARISON
- Old Laptop SSD Upgrade: how to install Samsung 850 EVO SSD; unboxing, migration & review; SSD vs HDD